Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chap Stick Lip Moisturizer vs. Burt's Bee's lip balm w/ Passionfruit

Burt's Bees Lip Balm w/ passionfruit
Claims: Soothing, moisturizing, protecting, spf 8, 100% natural, no animal testing
My review
Pros:
-Moisturizes & soothes dry lips
-Smells yummy
-spf 8
Cons:
-It is a bit sticky when I put it on
-It leaves a white waxy residue

Chap Stick Lip Moisturizer
Claims: skin protectant, sunscreen spf 15
Pros:
-Smooth application/not sticky
-moisturizes & soothes lips right away
-spf 15
Cons:
-none

Overall: I prefer the Chap Stick Moisturizing lip balm over Burt's Bee's Lip balm because it doesn't leave a waxy sticky white residue and has higher spf protection, which I need since I'm out in the sun a lot. I still like Burt's Bees lip balm because it does moisturize my lips & the scent is wonderful, but I just have to make sure to look in the mirror to insure that I'm not leaving my house with white residue all over my lips.

Also, don't forget to join my first mini giveaway! ^_^
http://msodapop.blogspot.com/2010/12/first-giveaway.html

3 comments:

InsideOut Elle said...

omg, i own both of these and your review pretty much said everything I think! I really liked the minty/original burt's bees but I was so disappointed with the Passionfruit one. The Pomegranate one was also super disappointing :P

MSodapop said...

@InsideOut Elle Aww man, even the pomegranate? Thanks for telling me. I wanted to get that one next. Thanks for the comment Elle ^_^

Isabel said...

I've heard so many good things about the burt's bees one but guess I won't be getting it now. I wouldn't want a visible residue on my lips >_<

Back to Top