Friday, September 9, 2011

E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer

Product claims: 
"Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines to result in a natural and youthful looking radiance. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a lasting satin finish."

My skin type:
Oily. I mean very oily, I get oily really quick and have to blot my face a few times throughout the day.

My thoughts:
The texture of this primer is slippery and it feels like putting a thicker version of baby oil on my face but it's not as oily as baby oil.

Pros:
  • Due to the texture, it does make my skin feel silky smooth and helps my foundation glide on smooth and easy. 
  • It did combat against flaky dryness. If I have a pimple, I usually put an overnight cream and that causes flakiness around that area so when I put foundation, it usually accentuates the flakiness but this primer helped combat against that.

Cons:
  • It doesn't combat my excess oil, it actually makes my skin oilier which was horrible for me since I was out for a whole day looking like an oil slick. 
  • It didn't minimize the appearance of my enlarged pores, I have huge pores on my nose and on the side of my nose near my cheeks and they were still very visible.
  • It did not help with fine lines. I have a laugh line near my mouth and it didn't do a thing with helping or filling it in. My foundation still sank in my laugh line and accentuated it.
  • It didn't help my makeup last longer than usual. Also, while wearing this, when I accidentally touch my face, my makeup would slide all over the place.

    Overall:
    I was a bit disappointed. I've read some great reviews on this and people comparing it to Smashbox primers. I guess especially due to my skin type, this didn't work for me. I think it would be great for people with dry skin since it does help with smoothing out flakiness.

10 comments:

Sidrah!!!! said...

I keep reading mixed reviews on this product, I also have oily skin so I'm sure it wont work that well for me either. Thank you for the review!

Esther said...

I also have REALLY oily skin, though I willing to try it out. Maybe it might work for me who knows hehe.
X

Christine Iversen said...

Sorry to hear that this didn't work for you, its definitely a good primer for people who have normal skin/dry skin :)

laura said...

Thanks for the great review. I've been wondering whether or not this would work for my face. I have really oily skin too, so I think I'll pass!
♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) said...

Awww, I'm sorry it didn't work for you hun. =(

Nancy :D said...

Sorry to hear that this didnt work for you. I usually have a hard time finding primers, so I don;t think this would work for me either.

Ell said...

Like it.

BreezeyBee said...

i found the exact thing with this primer!

i like to think i have combo skin, but this does nothing to help with oilyness during the day. i still like it thought :/ as its better than nothing and i love the way it feel on the skin after uv just put it on.

Eileen said...

I really like your review--it's a lot more in-depth this time around! Keep it up (;

Diane said...

so sorry to hear that this didn't work for you hun..
ihaven't tried this product, and i will not try it.. i'm scared.. i have a very oily acne sensitive skin, so thanks for this review! very helpful!
hope you can findyour HG primer/make-up

keep in touch hun!

Back to Top