"Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines to result in a natural and youthful looking radiance. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a lasting satin finish."
My skin type:
Oily. I mean very oily, I get oily really quick and have to blot my face a few times throughout the day.
The texture of this primer is slippery and it feels like putting a thicker version of baby oil on my face but it's not as oily as baby oil.
- Due to the texture, it does make my skin feel silky smooth and helps my foundation glide on smooth and easy.
- It did combat against flaky dryness. If I have a pimple, I usually put an overnight cream and that causes flakiness around that area so when I put foundation, it usually accentuates the flakiness but this primer helped combat against that.
- It doesn't combat my excess oil, it actually makes my skin oilier which was horrible for me since I was out for a whole day looking like an oil slick.
- It didn't minimize the appearance of my enlarged pores, I have huge pores on my nose and on the side of my nose near my cheeks and they were still very visible.
- It did not help with fine lines. I have a laugh line near my mouth and it didn't do a thing with helping or filling it in. My foundation still sank in my laugh line and accentuated it.
- It didn't help my makeup last longer than usual. Also, while wearing this, when I accidentally touch my face, my makeup would slide all over the place.
I was a bit disappointed. I've read some great reviews on this and people comparing it to Smashbox primers. I guess especially due to my skin type, this didn't work for me. I think it would be great for people with dry skin since it does help with smoothing out flakiness.