Saturday, September 24, 2011

Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hr Concealer

I've heard a lot of beauty gurus talk about this product & I've been eyeing on it for a while until one day I finally decided to purchase it. I bought mine for around $10 which is pricey but I know you can find it cheaper in other places.
 Claims:
  • Natural-looking coverage
  • Doesn't settle into creases or lines
  • Conceals imperfections, flaws, undereye darkness and circles
  • 24 hour wear/No-transfer
  • Non comedogenic
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Oil free
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Ophthalmologist tested
  • Fragrance-free
So do I like it? Yes, I do. It really does conceal well. All you need is one dab on each of your imperfections (post inflammatory hyperpigmentations, age spots, broken capillaries, undereye circles, etc.) I have to warn you: do not pack layers of this concealer on your skin or else you will make your face cakey. One dab goes a long way. 
I have post inflammatory hyperpigmentations or in easier terms, acne scars from when I broke out earlier this year and this concealer covers them really well as you can see here.
The application tip on the packaging says: Dot concealer into imperfections or under eyes and pat with finger to blend. & I didn't even read that before I used it but that is exactly how I use it and I agree that it's the best way to apply & blend it into the skin.

Does it last 24 hours? Well, I never keep my makeup on for a whole 24 hours, but this concealer did stay on from morning to evening, when I'm out for a whole day.

5 comments:

CAMILLA said...

wow... thanks for review..
i need to buy it ASAP

luverie's Val said...

Aww, I just bought the E.L.F. stuff but I'll buy this sooonn! ♥ Thanks for the review! ^^

Eileen said...

Great review! I like how your pose for the before and after pictures are almost exactly identical haha. I'll keep this one in mind when I run out of my MUFE HD concealer!

MSodapop said...

@Eileen Haha, yeah, that was what I was trying to go for. I wanted the lighting to be the same too because on some blog photos, I can't tell if a certain product is actually working because the before & after photos have different lighting.

Jess said...

nice review!!!

im using maybelline's concealer too!!

http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

Back to Top