Sunday, October 16, 2011

Acne Free!

So if you ladies read my blog, you know that I've been using the Clinique acne solutions kit. I did finish the small kit and repurchased the regular sized products. Ever since then, my face has been under control and acne free with the exception of "the time of the month." I'm just about done with my Clinique acne free solutions moisturizer which I use as a spot treatment for the little pimples I get now and then. & so I wanted to try other products. I looked through my drawer and I found my e.l.f. zit zapper and e.l.f. mineral blemish powder that I purchased but never really used. So I started using them when I break out and I wanted to share my thoughts about them.
I actually use them together. I first apply the e.l.f. zit zapper that has a little rolling ball that rolls some of the liquid product out and then I apply the e.l.f. mineral blemish powder on top of the wet area where I just applied the e.l.f. zit zapper. So right after I put the zit zapper on, before it dries up, I put the blemish powder on top so it sticks to my face.
I've got to say, I was pleasantly surprised of how effective these two products were on my acne. The first time, I used these two on a pimple that I had & I put them on my pimple before I slept. The next morning, my pimple significantly shrank in size. So whenever I break out or feel a pimple forming, I use these two combined and it works really well. I personally don't know how effective each product is on its own but I did see good reviews on both products and you can find those reviews online. I know my friend tried one of these products or both separately and she told me they don't do anything for her. So I was surprised that they worked for me, but I do use them together and not separately.

Here are the ingredients on both products:
E.L.F. zit zapper: Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel and Camphor.
E.L.F. mineral blemish powder:
What do you ladies think?
Have you tried these products before?
 

12 comments:

Hunter87 said...

Thank you for this info!
Must try.
~Jazmin

Hunter87 said...

Thank you for this info!
Must try.
~Jazmin

aMz88 said...

fab review! i must try this ;)
http://amz88.blogspot.com/

Eileen said...

That's really smart of you to put on the powder right after the zit zapper so that it sticks!

Erica J said...

oh kool thanx for the review- i have been curious about these 2. i will def hafta invest in them as they are like a buck a piece. witch hazel is really good for your skin, as is tea tree oil, & salicylic acid

DonnaHsueh said...

The Clinique Acne Solution kit cleared my face up too! :D
Wow! I was a little iffy about these products when I saw ELF come out with them, but after reading your review, I think I might give these a try! Thanks for the review! :)

Tezza said...

whoa thats really cool! i hate having this huge pimple and not knowing how to cover it up properly. I just wish it would die over night or somethin haha!
wish i had access to those elf products here :(

Kumiko Mae said...

im trying out zit zapper now but dont know if its effective--effective! haha

Stephanie Ayu said...

first off, thanks for your comment ^_^

ir eally wish i had that zit zapper in high school :/

Linconnuedeindochine.blogspot.com

Rinny said...

Thanks so much for the great review! These two products sound like they really work. I'll have to keep them in mind for next time...I sometimes develop cystic acne and it's such a pain to get rid of it >.<

Dana Yoshimizu said...

I'm always so skeptical about elf because it's just so cheap!
But then time after time, I'm surprised at how well it actually does work
I'll have to try this out on my next elf order :) Thanks for the review


<3,
Dana

Kusanagi said...

That is actually a great idea! I have a Proactiv Repairing Treatment and a Bare Minerals Heal & Conceal acne powder thing. So, I might try what you did with the powder over the liquid. I hope it works!!! Thanks for the brilliant idea!

Back to Top