Sunday, October 30, 2011

October Favorites 2011

E.L.F. Nail polish (New Formula) in "Innocent": As most of you probably know, I love e.l.f.'s new nail polish formula. It goes on smooth and opaque. I particularly am loving this shade in "Innocent." I didn't post a swatch of this shade yet but I did wear it on my toe nails and I love it! It's just this nice nude shade that really compliments my skin tone without giving me the mannequin-look.

E.L.F. natural radiance blusher in "Shy": I had this in one of my other monthly favorites posts a while back. This month, I've been wearing it a lot. It's a light baby pink shade that suits fair-skinned ladies. It doesn't show up very well on darker skin tones because it's too light. I read that this is a dupe for MAC Well Dressed and I really want to get that one sometime!

  Shu Uermura eyelash curler: I recently got contact lenses and have finally been able to wear mascara again! Wearing mascara with glasses isn't ideal for me since my lashes end up hitting my glasses and end up becoming a hot mess. So before I put on my mascara, I curl my lashes with this and it does the job.

E.L.F. High Definition Powder: This is my favorite setting powder. It's a finely milled soft powder. It makes my skin look good and feel good. Just don't put too much on because you'll look like a ghost. Boo! Happy Halloween!

E.L.F. Makeup Mist & Set Spray: I love using this to freshen up my face in the middle of the day. After a long hot humid day, my makeup gets dull and is not as vibrant, especially with my oily skin, so I just spray this on my face and it helps make my makeup look more vibrant again. It also wakes me up a little, so that's a plus for me. It has aloe, green tea, cucumber, vitamins A, C, & E.
Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer: This is my all time favorite concealer. It covers my imperfections and I love the texture. I just tap a little on my visible scars after I put on my foundation or if I don't feel like wearing foundation, I just use this and set my face with a powder. 

Dramamine: Okay, this is not a beauty product but this is my life savor of the month. Dramamine are motion sickness pills. I get motion sickness on a plane, on a boat, in a car, etc. This month, I've been going on boat rides and these pills helped me enjoy the ride rather than being sick to my stomach. When I went dolphin watching, I took a generic brand & it didn't work for me. I felt so sick the majority of the boat ride, so I didn't get a chance to enjoy my boat trip watching dolphins as much as I could have. I saw this girl who looked like she was sea sick as well and offered her some Dramamine. So if you ladies get motion sickness like I do, don't forget to take this before your trips.

L.A. colors eyeshadow palette in "Serenade": I love pink eye shadows! This palette is full of different shades of pink. I feel that pink is the only color besides white that I can pull off. I still love all the other shades of eye shadows, but pink is love!
Covergirl Natureluxe liquid silk foundation: I love this because it's so light and it doesn't get cakey like some foundations do. You can see my review here.

What are your October favorites? :)

16 comments:

Sidrah!!!! said...

Great favs! I havent tried the ELF essentials blushes but sky looks cute!

Hannah said...

Maybelline dream mousse concealer is my fave too!!! Can't believe they have discontinued it! :(

Hannah xox

Eileen said...

Those look like some really great products! I had Well Dressed but it didn't really show up on me :< I wish I had known sooner that you wanted it, so I could have sent it to you instead!

L e n a said...

thanks for sharing this. i didn't know elf reformulated their polishes. definitely will try these. i also wanted to try high definition powder as well. :)

Hunter87 said...

Like you Oct Favorites!!
~Jazmin

Sakuranko said...

Pretty favorites...

:)

Sakuranko Blog

Xoxo

Erica J said...

i love pink shadows too

Erica J said...

i have been wanting to try out the elf blush you have as well- i only like the lightest pink colors on my cheeks because i am very light-

I recently just bought the elf hd powder and i like it alot- a little goes a long way

laura said...

I need to get some of that high def powder! I've been hearing a lot of good things about it and I just must try it!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Cel said...

Lovely products! I have only tried the Maybelline concealer which is great indeed!

Vee said...

Great products ! I've ordered some ELF not long ago and I must say I really like their products !

I purchased the Well Dressed blush from MAC and if the ELF version works for you, don't bother getting the MAC one. My skin is really pale aswell and even then the blush doesn't show up at all. I can hardly see a difference with or without blush unless I put load on !

xxx Vee

Adriana said...

I've used the maybelline dream mousse concealer and I love it!

Diane said...

awww such an amazing products,, loving how pigmented they are- love those color payoff =))
really nice to have!
thanks for sharing!

G A B Y said...

That CoverGirl foundation is the first and only foundation I really lopved because it feels so lightweight and I don't usually wear foundation on a daily basis.

Galaxia said...

I think ELF has great products.

mimi said...

ahhh I really want to try the maybelline dream mousse concealer but they discontinued it! & so many people raved about it too >< I wonder hwy they discontinued it ): If you want a color like MAC's well dressed, I think the new Loreal Project Runway Blush in Sultry Raven looks like i!! (: It's a cute dolly pink (:

Back to Top