Saturday, December 31, 2011

Review: E.L.F. Custom Eyes eyeshadows in Ivory, Sage, Moondust, & Mocha

I never thought about giving these eye shadows a try before. I've only recently been loving eye shadows as much as I love my other types of makeup.
1st column from top to bottom: Ivory, Sage
2nd column from top to bottom: Mocha, Moondust
 Above: As you can see from mocha and moondust, you can see how powdery the shadows are.
Left to right: Moondust, Sage, Mocha, Ivory

Overall, I have a love-hate relationship with these eye shadows. My favorite shade is Ivory because I found it to be the most pigmented. The eye shadows are pretty powdery but when I apply them on my lids, they don't have much fall-out because I always wear a primer prior to applying eye shadow. Sage is my least favorite because it is the least pigmented; It barely showed when I swatched it on my skin. 

Have you ladies tried these eye shadows? 
What are your thoughts?

8 comments:

Fanny said...

how pretty colors ^^

L e n a said...

i haven't tried eyeshadows, but i absolutely adore the 4 pan case!
it is perfect size for depotted mac, jane and old milani single shadows.
very nice quality for the price.

thanks for the review.
moondust color is very attractive. maybe we can find similar color in the studio line. ;)

Yolandaas said...

This looks great! .. x

Michelle said...

I agree Sage's swatch doesn't show up well. How is moondust when it is applied on the lid? It looks really nice swatched.

allthingssgirly.blogspot.com

Sidrah!!!! said...

I never bought the shadows bc I heard that they werent that great. But I bought a couple of these empty palettes and they are soo amazing! I love traveling with them

LemonberryLulu said...

their all really shimmery! I'm on the lookout for some new eyeshadow, don't know which ones I should try out

Erica J said...

i nominated you for a blog award girl! http://meetmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

Summer said...

I haven't tried anything from ELF yet, but I really want to. And these eyeshadows look really pretty <3
I really like your blog, I'm following! :)

Back to Top