Thursday, January 12, 2012

Products I Dislike # 1

Make-Up Designory Cream Foundation: I've had this for years, I saw the recent ones now have different font designs on the front. I had this when I first started using make-up. The sales woman put this on my face when she was doing my make-up and at first it looked great so I bought it. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I looked like a complete cake face. I tried putting it on using different techniques: by itself, with a damp sponge, and even as a concealer but none of the techniques worked for me.

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer: It claims to minimize pores, smooth skin out, even out complexion, and prolong the wear of foundation. Out of all these, the only thing it does for me is even out my complexion because as you can see, it's tinted. It's a salmon shade and I don't really care for it because it doesn't match my skin tone and I put foundation over to cover it anyways.

Physician's Formula Concealer Twins: You first put the green side on, which is supposed to cancel out any redness, you then use the other side over those areas to cover the green shade. This concealer doesn't cover anything; It just blends away. I dislike the green side because I have to make sure I cover up the green tint that it leaves on my face and it just becomes a cakey mess.

E.L.F.'s Super Glossy Lip Shines: They're too sticky! I don't like sticky lip glosses.

E.L.F. All Over Cover Stick: I find this too thick that it gets cakey and it smells strong.

Formula 10.0.6 Mattifying Moisturizer: It doesn't mattify my face at all and it smells so bad! You can read my full review here
 

12 comments:

Jen said...

I love posts like these. They're insightful and prevent me from buying the same. Thanks! :D

L e n a said...

thanks for sharing this. it is very helpful!
i had the elf cover stick and it worked pretty well as undereye concealor but i wouldn't use it all over the face as it suggests. :)

Ms. Prettyful Girl said...

Really good post! I also have the ELF All Over Cover Stick and I only use it under my eyes or on my brow bone to cover up some deep blue veins. It works for that. But yeah, it's smells strong.

aMz88 said...

i so agree with the elf things here =_=

Erica J said...

ugh i have a face wash from 10.0.0 or whatever and I didn't like it at all! It dried out my skin so badly!

Nancy said...

I will def. make sure to watch out for these! I also dislike those ELF lip glosses, they are very sticky!

Isabel said...

That cover stick. Oh god. I tried it as a foundation 1 day at college and when I looked in the mirror, I was a pan of oil! I do use it as undereye concealer though. And yeah, those lip glosses are way too sticky =(

Hazel☺ said...

yikes! thanks for the heads up for these sucky products! :)

♥ Denise ♥ said...

That rimmel primer really looks awful :S
Two elf products are on the list, I agree products with intense strange smell really turn me off

Rinny said...

Thanks for sharing this so I know what products to avoid in the future :) That's too bad the elf glosses are too sticky - they would have been a good value for just $1.

April K said...

the elf all over cover stick has the strongest smell ever!! i was going to use it an an eyeshadow base but i couldn't take the smell. i threw it away!! i like posts like this, it lets me know what to stay away from!

Diane said...

yay! thanks for the heads-up! you just gave me an idea.. hope i can do this next hihi

Back to Top