Monday, January 2, 2012

Top 11 of 2011

 1. Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin system: I'm kind of cheating, but I'm counting this whole skincare system as one. If you've been following me for a while, you already know how much I love this skincare line. These are my 3rd full size repurchases of these. It's the only line that works in clearing my acne. You can read my review here.

 2.Cure Natural Aqua Gel: I didn't like this product before because I didn't feel that it helped exfoliate my skin well but as I kept using it, I started using more pumps on my skin which helped exfoliate my skin better. I love this for my dry patches. I just have to keep massaging the dry patches on my face until I'm sure they're gone. I can't stick to one pump like I did before because it wasn't enough product to exfoliate my dry patches.

3. Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover: This is my second bottle. It effectively removes my waterproof eye makeup.

 4. E.L.F. Glossy Gloss in Wild Watermelon: I love E.L.F.'s glossy glosses. I did a bunch of swatches of the glossy glosses in my past blog posts. They're not sticky at all and they're really pigmented. Wild Watermelon is the shade that I've been grabbing the most. You can see my lip swatch here.

5. Carmex moisturizing lip balm: I have so many back ups of this because it's so moisturizing. I love it!

 6. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip balm in Pink Blossom: I did a recent review on this here. It's moisturizing and the color is so pretty and natural. I love using this when I just need some color on my lips.
Left to right: E.L.F. glossy gloss in wild watermelon, Burt's Bees Pink Blossom tinted lip balm, Carmex lip balm (None of these have any sparkles, that's just the shine from the light that you see in this photo.)

7.  Maybelline Dream mousse concealer: This is my favorite concealer! I have no idea why they discontinued them. I do have back ups so I'm glad for that. I know you can still find them online. This concealer covers well and blends well. Other concealers that I've tried tend to just rub off when I try blending them into my trouble spots. This concealer actually stays put.

8. Physician's formula healthy wear powder foundation: Since I have oily skin, I try to look for powder foundations and this is my favorite so far. It just gives a natural light-medium coverage. It covers the redness of my face well. If I don't feel like wearing much makeup, I'll just put this on or use it on top of my maybelline concealer and I'm ready to go.

9. Wet n Wild eyeshadow trio in Walking on Eggshells: These are my go-to eyeshadow shades. They're gorgeous. I love how pigmented yet affordable this palette is. You can see my other Wet n Wild eyeshadow trio swatches here.

10. Milani powder blush in Pink Craze: This blush is so pigmented and it's definitely my favorite shade of blush. I did a blog post about it here.
Left to right: Milani blush in Pink Craze, Wet n Wild eyeshadow trio in Walking on Eggshells

11. E.L.F. nail polish in innocent: E.L.F. reformulated their nail polishes and I've been loving their new formula. They glide on easily and are opaque in just one coat. Innocent is my favorite out of all their shades.

What are your 2011 favorites?

5 comments:

The Sneakerette said...

Great post, Christine! That elf polish is the perfect shade of nude for you :D oh man i have so many favorites for 2011, i don't think i'd be able to list em all haha ;P

L e n a said...

thanks for sharing this!
finding a right skincare regimen is really important but it is also hard to come by.
i should try glossy gloss and nail polishes from elf as well. ;)

Eva said...

Great list! I've always wanted to try Cure!

Rinny said...

Great favorites! I love Walking on Eggshells too and I really want to try the Cure gel - I have so many dry patches now that it's winter. The ELF polish is a really pretty color on you! :)

DonnaHsueh said...

I LOVE the Clinique Acne kit! That kit literally saved my life and cleared up my whole face. I always go back to it whenever I have really bad break outs :D

Nice favorites!

Back to Top