Monday, June 25, 2012

Physician's Formula pH Matchmaker Powdered Blush in Rose

 Its claims: 
pH Powered Blush Compact Lights Up! Instantly Matches You in 60 Seconds! Reacts to Light & Your pH for Your Perfect Blushing Glow Hypoallergenic Fragrance Free Paraben Free Non-Comedogenic Dermatologist Approved 14 hr Wear On/Off Switch Brush Included Makeup Powered by You! 1st Ever Blush with pH power complex transforms into your perfectly personalized hue. Fluorescein Based Dye - senses the pH level of your skin & adjusts within 60 seconds to create your perfect blushing glow. Photochromic Powders - light adjusting pigments adapt to your environment so color looks the same indoors & outside. Look Your Best in Every Light! LED-powered compact lights up and features a full-size mirror, for touch-ups anywhere & everywhere!

The estimate price of this blush is from about $10 to $13 depending on where you purchase it. It comes in a deep pan, so I assumed it had a lot of product, but the majority of the pan is just the space with the brush. 
A little goes a long way with this blush. It is very pigmented and you only need a light touch. So if you have light skin, definitely use a light hand. This is especially a great blush for medium to darker skin tones due to the pigmentation. Also, as you can see, it has built-in lights that you can switch on and off. Just don't forget to turn it off or else the battery will die. I left mine on the whole day and my lights are not as bright anymore.
This is just one light swatch of the blush. Definitely pigmented. There are visible glitters but when applied to the face, they're not really noticeable, so I'm happy about that. Also, for its claims of the changing hue determined by your pH balance and lights, I didn't notice the hue changing after I applied this on my cheeks. It may have changed slightly but not so dramatically noticeable. I have seen photos on other blogs where their own blush hue changed on their skin, so like it says, it depends on your pH balance.

Overall, I have to say, I love this blush! It gave me the prettiest flush shade on my cheeks throughout a whole day and night out. I can't say if it lasts as long as 14 hours, like it claims, because I never wore it that long. But I can say it lasts 12 hours because that's the longest I've had this on before removing my makeup. This is definitely going to be in my monthly favorites this month!

6 comments:

Niki said...

i have to try the blush. i have the bronzer and i couldnt be happier with it!

Niki said...

i have to try the blush. i have the bronzer and i couldnt be happier with it!

Katherine Tealeaf said...

^^ It's a really cute blush, maybe your ph is in the middle of it's colour changing spectrum haha.

Erica J said...

wow! 12 hours on your face for $13! i really gotta check this out! i have only heard tarte blushes lasting really long & i already love PF anyways. i never realized the whole "ph" claim. now i am more intrigued- thanks for reviewing!

*~kAy~* said...

how interesting...
its like a mood ring.. but in blush form! :P

JoanneP said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Follow you now! I've been eyeing pH for a while. Now I have to try it. I love Physicians Formula face product.

Back to Top