Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Favorite Face Makeup

Do you hate cakey-looking makeup? I do! I've tried different foundations and powders that tend to make me look cakey. Despite having super oily skin throughout the day, when I look in the mirror, I would see that my makeup looked cakey. I would always think that the natural oils on my face would reduce that cakey makeup look, but I was wrong.

So when I found the perfect face makeup products that actually worked with my skin, I knew I had to share them with you all. I've been loving this face makeup combo for a while now. These are my go-to products that I can rely on when I want beautiful, natural looking makeup.

 Loreal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting base is a great primer for helping my liquid makeup apply smoothly. When I have dry patches from my healing blemishes, this primer is a life saver. It prevents my makeup from sticking to the dry patches. I learned from using this for a while now that a little goes a long way. So this is one of those products that when used, less is more. Price: $12.99
Sasatinnie Precious Jewelry BB Cream gives me great coverage without looking cakey! This gives me a medium coverage and does a great job in evening out my skin tone. Due to all the cakeyness that liquid makeup tend to give me, I was about to give up on liquid makeup until I discovered this product. Price: $15.20
An alternative that I equally love is Missha M perfect cover bb cream!

 Last, but not least,
 E.L.F.'s Mineral Booster in Sheer is the only powder I want to use over my liquid foundations or bb creams from now on, or until I find another great product like it. This is my 2nd or 3rd one. When I put other powders to set my liquid or cream makeup, they tend to make me look cakey. This powder, however, doesn't do that. It makes my skin look nice and natural while setting my makeup. Price: $5.00

Here's E.L.F.'s claims on the product from their website:
"Achieve the ultimate, translucent "photo finishing touch" to your makeup, our Mineral Booster melts into your skin, infusing it with key vitamins A, B and E to promote healthier skin that’s noticeably silkier and smoother. Completely sheer and ideal for all skin tones, Mineral Booster gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and pores for a beautiful even finish. Wear alone or buff over our Mineral Concealer and Foundation to lend extra staying power and to achieve a professional and stunning porcelain matte look that will last all day." 

Overall, I can use these products all together or separately, either way, they're all individually great products that are a must in my makeup routine. They make my skin look nice and all natural, when in reality, I'm wearing makeup.

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Where do you find the BB cream?

Michelle said...

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you, looking for a combination that won't result in cakiness! I'm still searching though. :) BB creams are a great to achieve dewy skin (right now I'm using Skin79's version). I have to try that ELF powder! xx

Keri said...

Oooh~ I want to try that L'oreal base now :D

The Sneakerette said...

i'm on a total bb cream kick and i def wanna try that one now! i love your new layout btw. it reminds me of my mustache bandaids :3

Rinny said...

Thanks for sharing this! The Loreal base and the ELF powder sound really good. It's been really hot here lately, so I am in need of extra products to keep my makeup from melting off my face :P

MSodapop said...

@Michelle On Sasa's website :)

Judy said...

I really like the look on that BBcream, where did you got it? :) x

Judy.

judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

MSodapop said...

@Judy
online at sasa's website :)

Kimmy said...

Love that you have found a good set of products that work for you without having to dip into the 'high-end' market spending billionssss!

http://tocreoquekim.blogspot.com.au/

xx

DolcePepper said...

I have to try the elf powder:)
i´m following you , follow me to pls :)
kiss

Halle said...

I really have got to try BB Cream! Cute blog! Make sure to check mine out as well! I'd love to return the favor of following via GFC. Happy Friday xx

MaviDeniz said...

The Elf booster looks great, I'll have to pick that up when I run out of my mineral veil.

Xo

scenique_route said...

I love your blog! I was really skeptical about the E.L.F. Mineral Booster, but since you like it so much I think I might have to try it for myself! Also, have you tried any other BB Creams out? I'm trying to find a good one.
-Amy

Back to Top