Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Guest Blogger Series 2.0: "The Convenient Beauty" sharing her new love, L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows in Bronzed Taupe and Liquid Diamond


Who is she? Today, we have the lovely Joanne from The Convenient Beauty

1) When and why did you start blogging?
I started my blog in February 2011 to document my love for makeup and release my husband from all the beauty talks he had to endure:)

2) What is the focus of your blog? 
The beauty products that I love mixed with random thoughts on life, health, movies, music, fashion etc.. I rant about makeup occasionally too. 

3) What is your current high-end makeup product and why? 
Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows are my current favorites. They are soft without powdery, smooth, buildable, blendable, and long-wearing with a standard primer. They are certainly sheer as the name indicates yet can be built up for opacity and intensity. Love love love!

4) What is your current drugstore makeup product and why? 
L'Oreal infallible eyeshadows in Bronzed Taupe and Liquid Diamond. Hands down. And I'm sharing my thoughts in this guest post:). Not all the shades of the line are this good but these two are exceptional. Long-wearing, flattering, versatile and chic!

5) What are your current favorite beauty or fashion blogs at the moment? 
Tough choice! I love reading beauty blogs but I'll try to focus on the current favorites. I would say A Vain Woman, Will Work For Makeup and this blog of course. I recently discovered so many great drugstore products and love to learn more. These bloggers have great sense of style and very helpful reviews. Love them!


6) What is your life motto? 
Be myself. Open heart. It sounds cliche I know but it's so true for me. I also try to focus on the present, not regretting the past or anxious about the future. I'm still working on it but I've gotten better. 


7) Is there anything else you would like to say? 
I really enjoy writing this guest post. Thank you Christine for the experience! I hope you girls enjoy my sharing and join this guest post series. I think it's a great idea to meet new friends. 

 

Today, I share with you my new love L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows in Bronzed Taupe and Liquid Diamond ($6.97 for 0.12 oz at my local Wal-Mart). 

L'Oreal infallible eyeshadows include various finishes, most of which are shimmery. The color selection is quite large but I'm prone to more chic and wearable colors. I picked up Bronzed Taupe a few months back and loved it so much. When L'Oreal released new colors, I jumped into Liquid Diamond. Both shades are extremely wearable.


Bronzed Taupe is, well, a bronzed taupe. It's universally flattering due to this duo pigments. Not too cool nor too warm. I love to wear it alone and build up the color at the outer corner. 
Liquid Diamond is one of the latest additions to the line, a lavender-tinted cool silver. The lavender shimmer makes it more sophisticated and easier to wear on warm skin tone like mine. It also separates Liquid Diamond from the shimmery true silvers that often looks too ashy for medium yellow skintone. 

Both Bronzed Taupe and Liquid Diamond have buttery smooth texture infused with delicate shimmer. Usually, I stay away from shimmery eyeshadows, not this time. The shimmer is so well-done that it accentuates the elegance of the colors. It's very finely milled and understated, yet gives enough boost for the color. When used lightly, it gives just a sheen for the eyelids. It can be layered for more intense night time looks. 
The infallible eyeshadows stay fresh for 10 hours with a primer on my lids. They crease after 4 hours without a primer.






Swatches



Ever since their launch, L'Oreal infallible eyeshadows have been welcome as the drugstore alternatives for Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadows (reviews of Pulp FictionBlast of Blue and Purpura, Khaki Pulse, Rock Sand) ($32 for 0.14 oz). I think they're very similar yet have two major differences.

1. L'Oreal infallible eyeshadows are monochromatic. Some of them contain pop of shimmer like Liquid Diamond. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill have duo-chromatic pigments making them more unique in shades. That doesn't mean they're prettier than the L'Oreal but they're harder to dupe, in my opinion. Plus, the two lines don't have much overlap in shade range. Just different color selection.

2. I do need a primer underneath L'Oreal infallible eyeshadows to keep them stay put all day. I don't need one for Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill. From my personal experience, Giorgio Armani's are more heavy-duty.


Bottom line. Love. Totally in love! Liquid Diamond and Bronzed Taupe work great both as everyday eyeshadows and dramatic touch for night time looks. If you're on a budget, L'Oreal infallible eyeshadows are tremendous alternatives for Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill eyeshadows.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the guest post, Joanne!

I hope you ladies enjoyed reading Joanne's post as much as I did.
Don't forget to check out her blog at http://theconvenientbeauty.blogspot.com
If any of you are interested in doing a guest post, you can find all the info. here.

8 comments:

JoanneP said...

Thanks so much for hosting me! xx

TINA said...

Great post! She's lovely!

Cherry Berry ~~ said...

I am definetly loving the infalliable eyeshadows :) Thanks for sharing ! I am following hope you will follow back!

Maddi3 said...

Can see why those infalliable eyeshadows are fav! Agree completely! <3

ScarsLikeLace said...

Liquid Diamond is gorgeous!

shortylegsbeauty said...

I love these shadows so much :) They are amazing quality and I can understand why you love these two :)

hugs

zain said...

Thats pretty good and you are deserve for it.


Colazal

x

Md. Shariful Islam said...

Thank you for this post. read more about liquids here

Back to Top