Monday, August 6, 2012

Guest Blogger Series 2.0: "Maddi3" with her review on Acure's Oil Control Day Cream

Who is she? Today, we have the gorgeous Maddie from www.maddi3.com/

1) When and why did you start blogging? 
I first started blogging in April 2011. It was right around my birthday and wanted to keep track of my life someway. I had a post here and there and realized I wanted to take it in different direction. I became a full on (semi) serious beauty blogger as of May this year.

2) What is the focus of your blog?
 
Oops I think I answered that in the previous post! My focus is  beauty, but I can get distracted and have miscellaneous posts such as life updates. I would like to do some OOTD posts too!

3) What is your current favorite high-end makeup product & why?
 
Ohhh this is hard. It would be between NARS and Makeup Forever. I love NARS blushes. Hands down some of the best blushes. That being said I love Makeup Forever equally for their foundations. Love HD and Matte Velvet +!!

4) What is your current favorite drugstore makeup product & why?
 
Another tough one. Sonia Kashuk. Hands down. Some of the best quality for a drugstore brand... On the pricier end as well, but so worth it. Amazing brushes, love their quad concealer palette, and they have my HG eyelash curler. Oh and they have the best eye makeup remover I've tried! There are some other miscellaneous stuff I've gotten and they have yet to disappoint me!

5)
 What are you current favorite beauty or fashion blogs at the moment? 
I have a list on my page actually. (Which I need to update). It's always growing! I currently love Essiebutton (borderline obsessed actually) who is a beauty blogger, this blog of course (why I else would I submit my guest post here?), and Sleep and Water (she has fantastic reviews!) who is also a beauty blogger. I could go on…but I'll stop for now :)

6) What is your life motto?
Get rich or die trying. Totally kidding. Hmmm…. this is a tough one! I seriously just try to live for the moment. I try to do everything on my own terms at my own pace. Enjoy life. Simple as that. 
 
7) Is there anything else you would like to say?
Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read this! Secondly, Thank you Christine for uploading this if you do it really means a lot!
I know this sounds cheesy but beauty really comes from the inside…and I don't just mean who you are but also how you take care of yourself! Treat your body well and you'll feel beautiful inside and out!

So now onto my post! I was planning on doing a review of this bad boy moisturizer on my own page but why not here huh?
I got this moisturizer from Whole foods a couple weeks ago. I was picking up some haircare items and spotted this. Being a girl who has combo/oily skin with dry patches (and acne prone as well) I'm always on the hunt for something to help with the oily part. If you don't have a Whole Foods near you you can order Acure's Oil Control Day Cream  here for about $19.

I've been using this every day since I got and overall I do like it. I love the texture and my skin looks radiant and healthy. That being said, while it does control the oil somewhat, it's not a miracle product.  My main issue is it isn't mattifying. Which I had been expecting. I still get greasy in my T-zone and have to blot through out the day. Another thing I didn't notice until after I began using it was that it has oils in it's ingredients list. I think that's how it controls the oil. By adding oil to your face! 

Overall I like this as a moisturizer on it's own, but if you're looking for oil control and a mattifier, this is NOT the product for you. Will I repurchase? Maybe. (I know how indecisive haha).
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the guest post, Maddie!
I hope you ladies enjoyed reading Maddie's post as much as I did.
Don't forget to check out her blog at www.maddi3.com/

 I'm still looking for more guest bloggers, so if any of you are interested in doing a guest post, you can find all the info. here.

3 comments:

Paul Hafalla said...

Interesting to know about your guest blog perhaps you might want to guest blog post too.

Hina Naz said...

awesome :)
lovely blog.
Following your blog. follower#817

hope you will visit & follow my blog.
http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/

Gopal Yadav said...

fantastic post and Thanks for sharing this info. It's very helpful.
guest house in jaipur

Back to Top