Friday, November 30, 2012

How I Keep My Skin Clear: My Night Time Skin Care Routine

Hi lovelies, I know I did a skin care post in the past, and you will see what I kept in my skincare routine. I only share my skin care routine if it actually works for me, and this routine definitely works on me. So starting off with my skin type and background; I have oily skin that is sensitive and acne prone.
1. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes
I only use these when I'm too tired to go through my whole skincare routine. They work well in removing my face makeup and I usually tear one sheet into four strips because one sheet is more than enough for my whole face. It doesn't completely remove waterproof eye makeup but it can remove my eye shadow and other non-waterproof eye makeup well. I like to hold it on my closed eyes for a minute, before gently wiping off my eye makeup. & it doesn't sting my eyes at all, so that's a plus for me.
Where to Purchase: Here
2. Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover
This works well in removing all my eye makeup, including my waterproof eye makeup. It says it's oil free but I still feel an oily residue after I use this so I definitely wash my face right after using this. It doesn't get my eyes foggy or blurry which is a plus for me on an eye makeup remover. This is such an easy-to-find product, so I always pick this same eye makeup remover up when I need more.
Where to Purchase: Here
3. Ponds Deep Cleanser & Makeup Remover
I love using this to remove my face makeup before I use a face wash. I have the cucumber one. It doubles as a moisturizer and a makeup remover and I just love the feeling of massaging this all over my face. I finished my first bottle today and have repurchased one already. You can also use it as a moisturizing face mask; just leave it on your clean face for a couple of minutes and rinse it off when you're done. This is one thing that I will definitely be keeping in my skincare routine. 
Where to Purchase: Here
4. Cure Natural Aqua Gel
In my opinion, this works better than a face scrub. It's a gel that you put on your skin. You leave it on your skin for a couple of seconds and then you start massaging your skin. After you massage all over your skin, you'll see little balls of your dead skin rubbing off. It's so gentle and it really works well in smoothing out my face, making my skin have a nice smooth base for makeup application.
Where to Purchase: Here
5. Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam
This is a foaming face wash that helps keep my face clear. I've repurchased this many times because it's my favorite face wash ever.
Where to Purchase: Here
6. Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion
This is a toner that I use after I wash my face. It'a another product that I've been repurchasing because it's a must have for me to keeping my skin clear.
Where to Purchase: Click Here
7. Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer
I use this only when I have a pimple or when I feel one forming. I use it as a spot treatment instead of an overall moisturizer because even though it's called a moisturizer, it can dry up your skin due to the benzoyl peroxide.
Where to Purchase: Here
8. Murad Time Release Retinol Concentrate
This is used to treat or repair deep wrinkles. I use this on my laugh lines in attempt to soften them so that my foundation can stop sinking into them. I've been using this for a few months now and it's not a miracle product because it didn't remove my laugh lines, but it did slightly soften them. It's not something I would repurchase because I think there's a better product out there in the market.
Where to Purchase: Here
9. Naruko Narcissus Total Defense Eye Essence Cream
I can't really tell if this does anything because I don't have eye wrinkles yet, but it may be preventing them. A little goes a long way; it's definitely taking me a while to finish this.
Where to Purchase: Here
 Love, Chris 

5 comments:

PDXBEAUTIFUL said...

I have had really great luck with Kate Somerville products for my crazy sensitive acne prone skin :)

Tanya Soyer said...

great products!

http://tanyasoyer.blogspot.com/

Janet said...

nice picks, i am so intrigue on the clinique range~thanks for sharing ^_~

Joey said...

I love the Cure gel. I have the Naruko eye serum which I used a couple of times (got it free), but gave up as I don't have eye wrinkles, yet, and I'm just lazy hehe

Kusanagi said...

I've only heard good things about Cure. Other than exfoliating and smoothing out the skin, would you recommend it for fine lines or age spots?

Back to Top