Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review: Makeup Sponge Puff from Ebay

Hi lovelies, today I will be reviewing this makeup sponge puff that I purchased from ebay for $1.68. I've been hearing a lot of good reviews about the beauty blender but I've been hesitant on giving it a try because I cannot bring myself to pay for a small sponge for around $20. 
 The size of the beauty puff in contrast of a quarter
 The sponge is dense so when I pat it on my face, it doesn't squish down since it's not soft. 
It's best to soak a beauty sponge before using it to apply foundation so that the sponge doesn't soak up the foundation. Although I soak this sponge with water, I feel it still soaks up a lot of my liquid foundation. It doesn't expand to twice its size after soaking up water, unlike the beauty blender.
My favorite way to use this sponge is to apply my cream foundations because cream foundations are not as runny and they don't get absorbed from the sponge like the liquid foundations do.
This sponge is difficult to clean. The foundation stains cannot be fully washed off from the sponge. 
Overall, this sponge gives my face a nice flawless finish but to get the best coverage from my foundations, I only like using it with my cream foundations since they don't soak into the sponge. If I use my liquid foundations with this sponge, I tend to have to put multiple layers to get the best coverage, therefore I end up wasting too much foundation.

I purchased my sponge from here.

 Love, Chris 

No comments:

Back to Top