Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Expired Makeup: Foundations, Reviews, & How to Tell if a Foundation is Expired

How can you tell if your foundation is expired?
  1. The color is different or the color changed in contrast to what the shade was when you first got it.
  2. You can see the liquid separation in which the clear liquid is separating from the actual colored foundation.
  3. The texture is different from when you first got it.
  4. You notice an odor change.
  5. You've had it for over 12 to 18 months.

A lot of us have a makeup collection in which has a bunch of makeup that has been accumulating for years. I decided to go through my makeup drawers and get rid of the expired makeup I have. Here are the expired foundations I found in my collection.

Revlon Photoready Airbrush Foundation comes out in a mousse texture. It made my skin feel oily and another bad point is that it has a really bad odor. I definitely disliked this foundation since the first day I tried it.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation gave a good medium coverage. I got the one for oily skin and it works well in keeping my oils at bay for a little longer than other foundations. I did have trouble with the foundation adhering to dry patches.

Covergirl Trublend Foundation, Almay Clear Complexion Foundation, and Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation all did not give the coverage I wanted. They gave light to light medium coverage and they did not stand out to be anything special so I barely used them.
 Love, Chris

No comments:

Back to Top